We know that a balanced conversation about teen health must include topics such as eliminating dating violence, delaying or refraining from sex, establishing boundaries, and receiving updated, accurate medical information at age-appropriate levels. We know from teens and parents that most school districts in Nevada barely address these issues, if they are even discussed at all.
Clark County School District, as the largest district in our state and the fifth largest in the country, has the opportunity to serve as a model for Nevada. YOU, members of our community, have spoken out about the need for transparency and an open, honest conversation about sex education. The Clark County School District has heard you and responded, announcing seven public input forums:
- Wednesday, November 5 (6:00 – 7:30 p.m.): Durango High School, 7100 W. Dewey Dr., Las Vegas
- Thursday, November 6 (6:00 – 7:30 p.m.): Moapa Valley High School, 2400 St. Joseph St., Overton
- Wednesday, November 12 (9:30 – 11:00 a.m.): Henderson Convention Center, 200 Water St., Henderson
- Wednesday, November 12 (6:00 – 7:30 p.m.): Cimarron-Memorial High School, 2301 N. Tenaya Way, Las Vegas
- Monday, November 17 (6:00 – 7:30 p.m.): Green Valley High School, 460 Arroyo Grande Blvd., Henderson
- Tuesday, November 18 (9:30 – 11:00 a.m.): Nevada Partners, 710 W. Lake Mead Blvd., North Las Vegas
- Tuesday, November 18 (6:00 – 7:30 p.m.): Rancho High School, 1900 E. Searles Ave., Las Vegas
Encourage your friends and family to participate by sharing this page.
See you soon!